Using the JMX (Java Management Extension) protocol, NeoLoad is able to monitor your WebSphere servers during the test. These monitors require no specific installation on your server and are not-intrusive (no WAR to install, no classpath to change …).
- Preconfigured Monitoring: Each module ships pre-configured with the performance counters tailored to your system.
- Threshold Alerts: NeoLoad provides threshold values –derived from industry best practices- to raise the appropriate alerts.
- Agentless Monitoring: The design of our monitoring modules, based on industry standards, ensures non-intrusive remote monitoring.
- Real Time: The counter values and the threshold alerts are available as soon as the test is run.
- Import: Import data from external monitoring tools.
Note: All the modules are included with the free edition.
ebSphere monitors are automatically determined, based on all the Manageable Objects available on the server. Clicking on a monitor will display its description. The most common categories are:
- JDBC Provider. Data counters for this category contain usage information about the JDBC connection pools for a database. Examples include the number of managed connections or physical connections and the total number of connections or connection handles.
- ThreadPool. Data counters for this category contain information about the thread pools for Object Request Broker (ORB) threads and the web container pools used to process HTTP requests. Examples include the number of threads created and destroyed, the maximum number of pooled threads allowed, and the average number of active threads in the pool.
- JVM (Java Virtual Machine API). Data counters for this category contain information about the memory used by a process, as reported by JVM run time. Examples are the total memory available and the amount of free memory for the JVM. JVM run time also includes data from the JVMPI. This data provides detailed information about the JVM running the application server.
- Session manager. Data counters for this category contain usage information for HTTP sessions. Examples include the total number of accessed sessions and the average number of concurrently active HTTP sessions.
Find Out More
SAP, WAS, NetWeaver, Web Application Server are trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and several other countries.