These monitors collect the main performance statistics for DB2 database servers. The data collected will help you evaluate your database’s performance during the load test and pinpoint any problems related either to the application’s development or to the various server parameter settings.
An application server’s default settings for database access, and the default settings of the databases themselves (connection pools, dedicated memory allocation, table indexation etc.), are not always suited to the application itself and often need to be adjusted. The load test, with the DB2 server monitoring, allows you to tweak these settings and observe any subsequent improvement or deterioration in performance.
As monitoring is carried out non-intrusively; no special configuration is required for the server.
- Preconfigured Monitoring: Each module ships pre-configured with the performance counters tailored to your system.
- Threshold Alerts: NeoLoad provides threshold values –derived from industry best practices- to raise the appropriate alerts.
- Agentless Monitoring: The design of our monitoring modules, based on industry standards, ensures non-intrusive remote monitoring.
- Real Time: The counter values and the threshold alerts are available as soon as the test is run.
- Import: Import data from external monitoring tools.
Note: All the modules are included with the free edition.
The monitors are sorted by category: connections, catalog cache, IO requests, command rates, tables memory, pool, joins etc…
The monitor categories are:
- Catalog Cache
- IO Requests
- Command Rates
- Hash Joins
Find Out More
DB2 is a trademark of IBM in U.S.A and other countries.